With Baby Boomers reaching a certain age, the benefits of adult orthodontics become very apparent. This generation is not going to succumb to aging gracefully. They're going to go out fighting the whole process. If you are going to look after your health and pay attention to your body's needs as you age, you cannot ignore your dental health.
Dental Care in the Total Picture
Forget about aesthetics for a minute and think about how good dental health effects the rest of your overall health. Maintenance of your teeth allows for proper mastication of your food, which leads to better absorption of nutrients and minerals into your body making you stronger and healthier.
Neglected teeth can become infected. These infections can cause permanent damage to any of your internal organs; including damage to the arteries and chambers of the heart, which may lead to a shorter lifespan. A neglected infection of the teeth or gums can be potentially deadly.
Although young people are the main target for tooth alignment with the assistance of braces, more and more adults are seeking out a better smile as well. Now that orthodontists have developed braces that are virtually invisible, there has been an increase in the number of adults using them. By aligning their teeth, adults can not only chew better, but the pain that can accompany improper alignment can be reduced or even eliminated.
It has been proven that the individual with good self-esteem and pride in their appearance is happier, which in turn can mean living longer. So opting for braces, porcelain veneers, or even bleaching to improve your dental health and appearance only adds to your overall well-being.
We have even reached a stage where dental caps can be fashioned to match the color of our natural … Read the rest
White teeth have an important impact while presenting yourself. This is why everyone wants whiter teeth these days. Moreover, dental health is very important too. Thanks to a lot of products like toothpaste, this feat is now a comfortable task to achieve. But recently a new product is being used extensively for whitening of the teeth called activated charcoal. But what is it?
What is Activated Charcoal?
It is a form of carbon, which is processed to have a plethora of small pores. These small pores increase the surface area of the carbon which increases processes like adsorption and other chemical reactions. It is basically increasing the sensitivity of carbon towards reactions by processing it.
Should we use it?
Yes, definitely. In small doses, it is not harmful to us. However, precautions have to be maintained.
The benefits of charcoal teeth whitening powder
Recently there has been a surge in the popularity of using activated charcoal for whitening your teeth. There are a plethora of articles and thousands of videos on YouTube that discuss the same topic. The reason for this popularity is that it achieves effective results. So, let us explore its various benefits in teeth whitening for ourselves.
Activated charcoal is a natural teeth whitener. Any kind of stain can be removed by the application of its powder. Moreover, regular use of activated charcoal has proven to whiten the teeth over time. It also regulates the health of your gum. It can whiten the teeth with no sensitivity. Even people who have sensitive teeth can opt for this whitening solution.
Activated charcoal is an excellent adsorbing agent. Adsorption is a process of holding a thin film of the material on the outer surface. What this implies in our case is that it is a … Read the rest
Among the many dental procedures that we try to find the best cosmetic dentists for is teeth whitening. Those of us who have lived practice all our lives covering our mouth when we laugh or adopt a somber demeanor just to avoid showing our teeth in public know how important it is to find a dentist that can not only do the procedure but also one who understands the discomfort we are going through.
Cosmetic dentists know all about being socially inept and being incapable of having a social life because of the embarrassment of having unsightly and discolored teeth. In a world where physical appearance is something we set many store by, cosmetic dentists know how important a great smile is to people who want them and as such, give them what they want accordingly.
People usually loath going to the dentist's office because they do not know what to expect and because they do not want to feel the pain usually associated with dental procedures. With cosmetic dentists, however, it is the exact opposite. While people know and are aware of the fact that they will experience pain and some discomfort, the fact that the results are going to be amazing and life-changing puts a whole new perspective on things.
Beauty after all means under some measure of pain to achieve the best results that can get you anything you want in life, from your dream job to your dream guy or girl. This is what a great smile gives us and this is also why people want to get the best only from the best cosmetic dentists. However, choosing the best dentist will depend on a lot of factors, but mainly it is determined by how comfortable you are working with them, how accessible they are to … Read the rest
In today's quest for beauty and eternal youth cosmetic dentistry is emerging into the forefront. Many patients are choosing to utilize the many different procedures of cosmetic dentistry to improve the look of their smile. While cosmetic dentistry does take into account the treatment of dental problems and even the prevention of dental problems the main focus is on improving the appearance of a patient's smile. While cosmetic dentistry is not a modern day Fountain of Youth there are significant benefits to using cosmetic surgery. A wise consumer will consider the issue from all sides. While it would be imprudent to state there are no drawbacks to cosmetic dentistry as of today most patients report being happy with the outcome of their procedures. The field of cosmetic dentistry has many benefits. Here are just a few-
1. Obviously the largest benefit to cosmetic dentistry is that it produces results. Patients who just a few years ago may have had to be satisfied with chipped, cracked or broken teeth can now have that fixed. Teeth that have been deeply discolored can be whitened. In fact most types of dental defects can be corrected with cosmetic dentistry. Cosmetic dentistry can even reduce signs of aging and leave the patient with a more vibrant and youthful appearance. It can also repair dental damage caused by trauma, illness, infection, developmental abnormalities, or heredity.
2. Since cosmetic surgery is so successful it can leave the patient not only with a more attractive physical appearance but an improved psychological outlook as well. Many patients report battling years of low self-esteem that is reversed when these types of dental problems are corrected or covered up. They report being more comfortable not only with themselves but with others they have relations with.
3. With the exception of patients … Read the rest
Dental care treatment has become an absolute necessity for millions of people worldwide; in spite of improvements and advances in dental care and health, people are afflicted by gum disease and tooth decay. Till a few decades ago, bridges and fixing dentures were two main options for treating people with missing, broken or in situations where teeth have to be surgically removed.
Modern day dental care includes dental implants that are replacement teeth roots. An implant can support one or more artificial teeth; the implant is a screw made of titanium that is fixed into the jawbone in place of a tooth root when it fails. They provide a strong foundation or base on which removable or permanent teeth can be fixed to match existing natural teeth.
There are many advantages to dental implants, some of which are:
• Greater comfort – dental implants can help avoid discomfort of fixing and removing dentures.
• Ease of chewing and eating food – dentures do not always fit 100%; with use they become less fitting and chances of slipping out while chewing food are high. With dental implants, this problem is eliminated.
• Better oral health – dental implants do not require other teeth to be modified or adjusted so ensuring that more natural teeth are left unharmed thereby improving dental health and hygiene in the long-term.
• Improvement in appearance – since dental implants are so designed that they fuse with the jawbone; they become permanent and feel like natural teeth.
• Speech improvement – unlike slurring or mumbling sometimes caused by dentures, implants do not slip ensuring better speech and communication.
• More confidence and self esteem – a good smile brings back confidence and a spring in the step.
• Convenience – dentures have to be removed and cleaned … Read the rest
If you have a tooth or teeth that have become severely damaged or decided, it is important to restore their structure, strength, and function to improve your facial & smile aesthetics and boost your confidence. The dental crown procedure can be a great solution for patients with weakened or traumatized tooth / teeth.
Cosmetically, dental crowns are tooth-shaped, natural-colored coverings applied over the tooth's surface to restore its shape and size, strength, hide surface imperfections and / or rejuvenate the tooth's appearance.
Today porcelain, ceramic, and porcelain-metal mix dental crowns, offered at most aesthetic dental clinics, are custom matched to the color of your existing teeth and are specifically designed for your smile in order to provide the most accurate, aesthetically pleasing results.
These ceramic restorations, when cemented into proper place, encase the entire misshapen or severely discolored teeth, thereby giving you a bright and sparkling smile.
Dental crowns are used to cover dental implant to comfortably work together with your existing natural teeth.
They also act as a protective cover, protecting a weak tooth from further damage or to hold together parts of a fractured tooth.
One of the most obvious advantages is that this capping of the tooth looks, feels, and functions like your natural teeth and restores your overall bite strength, thereby improving your ability to bite down comfortably.
If crafted accurately, a dental crown can help your upper and lower teeth to meet properly and maintaining a proper, balanced bite.
The risks associated with the placement of dental crowns include an increased sensitivity to heat and cold. Since your newly crowned tooth still has a nerve in it, you may experience sensitivity to cold and hot temperatures on the tooth following crown placement.
Nerve damage is another potential risk associated with this procedure. The … Read the rest
A perfect smile was once surely a dream for most people. There were some individuals who never achieved a breath-taking smile and just had to face the world with their yellow or dark-colored, chipped or uneven teeth. Cheer up! With modern cosmetic dentistry the impossible is now possible.
Dental veneer is a type of cosmetic alteration that employs thin, semi-transparent coverings made from porcelain and are permanently bonded to your teeth. Veneering is an amazing procedure that improves your teeth's appearance. What are the 8 benefits of having veneers?
1. Effortless and trouble-free application. The procedure involves only bonding the custom-designed material to your teeth with little or no need for an anesthesia – it is definitely painless. You can have more than one tooth covered at a time, so it's fast with almost instant results that are amazing and worthwhile.
2. Stress-free. This procedure is non-invasive and so the stress of having to anticipate the experience of pain is removed.
3. Lasting color. While some dental cosmetic application fades over time, dental veneers will not discolor with the passing of time because of their resistance to stains.
4. Very resistant to fractures. Even if porcelain is intrinsically brittle, it becomes resilient once glued to the tooth.
5. Less expensive. Crowns, traditional braces and resin fillings used to dominate the cosmetic dentistry market. Now that veneers are available, you can have more choices for the same purpose. Veneers are much cheaper and less time-consuming than crowns.
6. Rough edges of the tooth are removed before finally pressing the dental veneer to your tooth. Veneers are also smooth and the most naturally appearing concealment for a wide variety of dental flaws.
7. Veneers are a sound and reliable substitute to other orthodontic procedures. Traditional braces may not be so appealing anymore. … Read the rest
Increased awareness about the importance and benefits of orthodontic treatment to achieve a healthy dentition and a pleasant smile are stimulating adults to seek more treatments today to improve their dental aesthetics than in the past.
Currently, the amount of Orthodontic Treatment Procedure provided to adults covers 30% of orthodontic practice. The desire for a better smile is being promoted not only by the patient, but the general dentists are also more informed about the possibilities of tooth movement in the adult to facilitate the establishment of function and health to the different components of the stomatognathic system.
But are we aware of everything we realize when we undergo orthodontic treatment? We will list the benefits of orthodontics, beyond the smile. Nowadays, along with teeth whitening treatments or the placement of porcelain veneers, orthodontics is the most requested aesthetic dental treatment in dental clinics.
In short, orthodontics has many benefits, much more than the mere fact of getting a beautiful and aligned smile.
Benefits of orthodontics:
1. Improves the position, function, and aesthetics of dental pieces: This is perhaps the benefit that is most clearly seen.
2. Get the bone and gums to look healthy: The correct occlusion and position of the teeth propitiate that both the bone and the gums are healthy.
3. Get the mouth to improve its condition and also oral hygiene: The correct alignment of the teeth facilitates Dental Health and proper cleaning of the entire oral cavity and, therefore, improves the overall condition.
4. Relieves possible excess pressures on the jaw joint: Correction of the bite and position and alignment of the teeth corrects malocclusions that sometimes generate pressure on the joint.
The correction of the bite and position and alignment of the teeth corrects the malocclusions that sometimes generate pressure on the joint.
5. … Read the rest
Living with missing, gapped or decayed teeth can be limiting, inconvenient, and embarrassing. The innovative cosmetic dentistry can bring back the appearance and function of natural teeth, and can correct almost any deficiency in a person's smile.
Today, dentistry is more than just pulling a tooth. Cosmetic dentistry is a new area of dentistry, which is different from general dentistry in many ways.
In the traditional dentistry, the dentist focuses on the patient's dental health as well as general monitoring for possible oral diseases and hygiene, while the cosmetic dentistry focuses on improving the aesthetic appearance of the patient's teeth, mouth and smile.
Some of the most commonly performed cosmetic procedures include dental implants, tooth-colored restorations, fillings, tooth whitening, veneers, crowns / bridges, braces, dental bonding, gum de-pigmentation, gap closures, lip and cheek injections, orthodontics, and more .
Using one or more of these cosmetic dental procedures, combined with the latest advances in general and cosmetic dentistry, a skilled, experienced cosmetic dentist can transform your ill-shaped teeth and help you achieve a whiter, brighter smile.
Patients with damaged tooth structure now no longer need to rely on unsightly metals to replace decideded teeth. Dentists now use high density, advanced composite resins and porcelain materials for filling up cavities. These modern filling materials mimic the look, feel, and function of natural teeth.
Dental implants are used for substituting missing or broken teeth, dental veneers mask badly shaped, stained teeth and gaps, while tooth whitening helps to improve the color of your teeth and gap closures and bonding techniques can close those embarrassing pockets in between the teeth.
A cosmetic dentistry procedure not only enhances your facial aesthetics, it even gives a significant boost to your self-esteem, and confidence.
The cosmetic dentistry can have dramatic effects on your overall facial appearance. … Read the rest
Are you missing one or more teeth or having pockets between your teeth? Imagine if you could have a new functional set of permanent teeth. Surgical implantation of prosthetic teeth is the optimal solution for those who have lost one or more of their teeth either due to decay, disease or injury.
Statistics from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) show that there are over 15,000 US adults age 65 and older who have suffered complete tooth loss (edentulism) due to tooth decay or periodontal (gum) disease.
Until now, the only option for toothless patients has been dentures which can be awkward and result in significant bone loss. Dentures are later replaced with the implant dentistry but it too requires multiple visits to the dentist. Now, all-on-4 dental implants have come as the ultimate advancement in dental technology.
With this breakthrough tooth replacement technique, you can now say goodbye to those irritating removable partial and full dentures or false teeth and hello to persistent prosthetic restorations secured by single day dental implants.
Invented by a Portuguese implantologist, Dr. Paulo Malo, the all-on-4 dental implant technique allows you to receive a full set of fixed (non-removable), artificial teeth during a single appointment.
This revolutionary implantation technology refers to the restoration of a fully edentulous arch with as few as 4 dental implants surgically placed at specific angles. They can also be used to support dentures.
Often referred to as teeth in one day or same day implants, the all-on-4 dental implants allows a surgeon to attach a full set of replacement teeth in the upper and / or lower jaw utilizing just 4 dental implants. These specially designed artificial teeth look, feel and function like natural teeth.
The all-on-4 dental implants are the optimal solution for patients who lack … Read the rest