Dental implants have certainly come a long way, and most of them only take an hour to install in your mouth! For people who have been using denture adhesive and are sick of the constant denture care that comes along with adhesive dentures, denture implants are definitely for you!
Lets first talk about the benefits of the old style false teeth, adhesive dentures. These dentures look nice, but fit in your mouth like a mouth guard which completely covers your palate. An adhesive has to be applied to your gums and dentures to hold the dentures into place. The biggest benefit to this denture type is that when you smile they usually look great, and they allow you to chew small food. The biggest drawbacks of course is that the adhesive is messy, uncomfortable, and expensive as you have to purchase it weekly. Another huge drawback is that you can't eat the foods you want to eat. Unless its mushy small food, you can't chew it without your dentures dislodging from the adhesive and causing uncomfortable movement and embarrassing moments while eating. Also with the palate covered, you can't even taste some of the food you choose to eat with these types of dentures.
Well, no need to fear because implant dentures are here. There are several things that can be categorized in the benefit of denture implants category. The first thing is that the dentures are smaller and more light weight. They don't cover the palate as they just include the teeth and gum line as part of the dentures. The dentures snap into place on the implants which make the teeth extremely sturdy and makes the idea of biting into an apple a reality. There are no messy adhesives to clean up or buy as all you have … Read the rest
As most of us realize that our smiles are what others pay attention to or notice first about us, and is one of the reasons we want it to look as bright as it can. In order to keep it sparkling can be challenging however. There are factors that cause our teeth to discolor, we can change some of them but others we can't. Foods and drinks such as sodas, coffee, and tea can discolor our teeth over time. They can leave stains as well. Age, the one we can't change, makes it inevitable that our teeth will discolor. Some medications too can cause teeth to discolor or stain. A laser teeth whitening treatment can change the whiteness of our teeth.
A laser teeth whitening treatment is performed by a cosmetic dentist that provide a brighter smile in as little as an hour. Although there are over the counter treatments available to improve the whiteness of one's teeth, they are not as effective as a professional treatment. Patients that have a professional teeth whitening treatment can expect to improve their brightness by at least eight shades in a single treatment.
A teeth whitening treatment consists first with the cosmetic dentist making sure the teeth are clean. They would first apply a protective coating on the patient's gums, which is not harmful to the gums just a safety precaution from the laser light. A potent teeth whitening gel, Zoom, is applied to the teeth and then the laser light is used to activate the gel. The laser light allows for the whitening agent to deeply penetrate the dentin of the patient's teeth in order to lift and remove stains to provide a bright white smile. At intervals the specialist may utilize the laser light in order to remove deep tough stains … Read the rest
With Baby Boomers reaching a certain age, the benefits of adult orthodontics become very apparent. This generation is not going to succumb to aging gracefully. They're going to go out fighting the whole process. If you are going to look after your health and pay attention to your body's needs as you age, you cannot ignore your dental health.
Dental Care in the Total Picture
Forget about aesthetics for a minute and think about how good dental health effects the rest of your overall health. Maintenance of your teeth allows for proper mastication of your food, which leads to better absorption of nutrients and minerals into your body making you stronger and healthier.
Neglected teeth can become infected. These infections can cause permanent damage to any of your internal organs; including damage to the arteries and chambers of the heart, which may lead to a shorter lifespan. A neglected infection of the teeth or gums can be potentially deadly.
Although young people are the main target for tooth alignment with the assistance of braces, more and more adults are seeking out a better smile as well. Now that orthodontists have developed braces that are virtually invisible, there has been an increase in the number of adults using them. By aligning their teeth, adults can not only chew better, but the pain that can accompany improper alignment can be reduced or even eliminated.
It has been proven that the individual with good self-esteem and pride in their appearance is happier, which in turn can mean living longer. So opting for braces, porcelain veneers, or even bleaching to improve your dental health and appearance only adds to your overall well-being.
We have even reached a stage where dental caps can be fashioned to match the color of our natural … Read the rest
White teeth have an important impact while presenting yourself. This is why everyone wants whiter teeth these days. Moreover, dental health is very important too. Thanks to a lot of products like toothpaste, this feat is now a comfortable task to achieve. But recently a new product is being used extensively for whitening of the teeth called activated charcoal. But what is it?
What is Activated Charcoal?
It is a form of carbon, which is processed to have a plethora of small pores. These small pores increase the surface area of the carbon which increases processes like adsorption and other chemical reactions. It is basically increasing the sensitivity of carbon towards reactions by processing it.
Should we use it?
Yes, definitely. In small doses, it is not harmful to us. However, precautions have to be maintained.
The benefits of charcoal teeth whitening powder
Recently there has been a surge in the popularity of using activated charcoal for whitening your teeth. There are a plethora of articles and thousands of videos on YouTube that discuss the same topic. The reason for this popularity is that it achieves effective results. So, let us explore its various benefits in teeth whitening for ourselves.
Activated charcoal is a natural teeth whitener. Any kind of stain can be removed by the application of its powder. Moreover, regular use of activated charcoal has proven to whiten the teeth over time. It also regulates the health of your gum. It can whiten the teeth with no sensitivity. Even people who have sensitive teeth can opt for this whitening solution.
Activated charcoal is an excellent adsorbing agent. Adsorption is a process of holding a thin film of the material on the outer surface. What this implies in our case is that it is a … Read the rest
Among the many dental procedures that we try to find the best cosmetic dentists for is teeth whitening. Those of us who have lived practice all our lives covering our mouth when we laugh or adopt a somber demeanor just to avoid showing our teeth in public know how important it is to find a dentist that can not only do the procedure but also one who understands the discomfort we are going through.
Cosmetic dentists know all about being socially inept and being incapable of having a social life because of the embarrassment of having unsightly and discolored teeth. In a world where physical appearance is something we set many store by, cosmetic dentists know how important a great smile is to people who want them and as such, give them what they want accordingly.
People usually loath going to the dentist's office because they do not know what to expect and because they do not want to feel the pain usually associated with dental procedures. With cosmetic dentists, however, it is the exact opposite. While people know and are aware of the fact that they will experience pain and some discomfort, the fact that the results are going to be amazing and life-changing puts a whole new perspective on things.
Beauty after all means under some measure of pain to achieve the best results that can get you anything you want in life, from your dream job to your dream guy or girl. This is what a great smile gives us and this is also why people want to get the best only from the best cosmetic dentists. However, choosing the best dentist will depend on a lot of factors, but mainly it is determined by how comfortable you are working with them, how accessible they are to … Read the rest
In today's quest for beauty and eternal youth cosmetic dentistry is emerging into the forefront. Many patients are choosing to utilize the many different procedures of cosmetic dentistry to improve the look of their smile. While cosmetic dentistry does take into account the treatment of dental problems and even the prevention of dental problems the main focus is on improving the appearance of a patient's smile. While cosmetic dentistry is not a modern day Fountain of Youth there are significant benefits to using cosmetic surgery. A wise consumer will consider the issue from all sides. While it would be imprudent to state there are no drawbacks to cosmetic dentistry as of today most patients report being happy with the outcome of their procedures. The field of cosmetic dentistry has many benefits. Here are just a few-
1. Obviously the largest benefit to cosmetic dentistry is that it produces results. Patients who just a few years ago may have had to be satisfied with chipped, cracked or broken teeth can now have that fixed. Teeth that have been deeply discolored can be whitened. In fact most types of dental defects can be corrected with cosmetic dentistry. Cosmetic dentistry can even reduce signs of aging and leave the patient with a more vibrant and youthful appearance. It can also repair dental damage caused by trauma, illness, infection, developmental abnormalities, or heredity.
2. Since cosmetic surgery is so successful it can leave the patient not only with a more attractive physical appearance but an improved psychological outlook as well. Many patients report battling years of low self-esteem that is reversed when these types of dental problems are corrected or covered up. They report being more comfortable not only with themselves but with others they have relations with.
3. With the exception of patients … Read the rest
Dental care treatment has become an absolute necessity for millions of people worldwide; in spite of improvements and advances in dental care and health, people are afflicted by gum disease and tooth decay. Till a few decades ago, bridges and fixing dentures were two main options for treating people with missing, broken or in situations where teeth have to be surgically removed.
Modern day dental care includes dental implants that are replacement teeth roots. An implant can support one or more artificial teeth; the implant is a screw made of titanium that is fixed into the jawbone in place of a tooth root when it fails. They provide a strong foundation or base on which removable or permanent teeth can be fixed to match existing natural teeth.
There are many advantages to dental implants, some of which are:
• Greater comfort – dental implants can help avoid discomfort of fixing and removing dentures.
• Ease of chewing and eating food – dentures do not always fit 100%; with use they become less fitting and chances of slipping out while chewing food are high. With dental implants, this problem is eliminated.
• Better oral health – dental implants do not require other teeth to be modified or adjusted so ensuring that more natural teeth are left unharmed thereby improving dental health and hygiene in the long-term.
• Improvement in appearance – since dental implants are so designed that they fuse with the jawbone; they become permanent and feel like natural teeth.
• Speech improvement – unlike slurring or mumbling sometimes caused by dentures, implants do not slip ensuring better speech and communication.
• More confidence and self esteem – a good smile brings back confidence and a spring in the step.
• Convenience – dentures have to be removed and cleaned … Read the rest
If you have a tooth or teeth that have become severely damaged or decided, it is important to restore their structure, strength, and function to improve your facial & smile aesthetics and boost your confidence. The dental crown procedure can be a great solution for patients with weakened or traumatized tooth / teeth.
Cosmetically, dental crowns are tooth-shaped, natural-colored coverings applied over the tooth's surface to restore its shape and size, strength, hide surface imperfections and / or rejuvenate the tooth's appearance.
Today porcelain, ceramic, and porcelain-metal mix dental crowns, offered at most aesthetic dental clinics, are custom matched to the color of your existing teeth and are specifically designed for your smile in order to provide the most accurate, aesthetically pleasing results.
These ceramic restorations, when cemented into proper place, encase the entire misshapen or severely discolored teeth, thereby giving you a bright and sparkling smile.
Dental crowns are used to cover dental implant to comfortably work together with your existing natural teeth.
They also act as a protective cover, protecting a weak tooth from further damage or to hold together parts of a fractured tooth.
One of the most obvious advantages is that this capping of the tooth looks, feels, and functions like your natural teeth and restores your overall bite strength, thereby improving your ability to bite down comfortably.
If crafted accurately, a dental crown can help your upper and lower teeth to meet properly and maintaining a proper, balanced bite.
The risks associated with the placement of dental crowns include an increased sensitivity to heat and cold. Since your newly crowned tooth still has a nerve in it, you may experience sensitivity to cold and hot temperatures on the tooth following crown placement.
Nerve damage is another potential risk associated with this procedure. The … Read the rest
A perfect smile was once surely a dream for most people. There were some individuals who never achieved a breath-taking smile and just had to face the world with their yellow or dark-colored, chipped or uneven teeth. Cheer up! With modern cosmetic dentistry the impossible is now possible.
Dental veneer is a type of cosmetic alteration that employs thin, semi-transparent coverings made from porcelain and are permanently bonded to your teeth. Veneering is an amazing procedure that improves your teeth's appearance. What are the 8 benefits of having veneers?
1. Effortless and trouble-free application. The procedure involves only bonding the custom-designed material to your teeth with little or no need for an anesthesia – it is definitely painless. You can have more than one tooth covered at a time, so it's fast with almost instant results that are amazing and worthwhile.
2. Stress-free. This procedure is non-invasive and so the stress of having to anticipate the experience of pain is removed.
3. Lasting color. While some dental cosmetic application fades over time, dental veneers will not discolor with the passing of time because of their resistance to stains.
4. Very resistant to fractures. Even if porcelain is intrinsically brittle, it becomes resilient once glued to the tooth.
5. Less expensive. Crowns, traditional braces and resin fillings used to dominate the cosmetic dentistry market. Now that veneers are available, you can have more choices for the same purpose. Veneers are much cheaper and less time-consuming than crowns.
6. Rough edges of the tooth are removed before finally pressing the dental veneer to your tooth. Veneers are also smooth and the most naturally appearing concealment for a wide variety of dental flaws.
7. Veneers are a sound and reliable substitute to other orthodontic procedures. Traditional braces may not be so appealing anymore. … Read the rest
Increased awareness about the importance and benefits of orthodontic treatment to achieve a healthy dentition and a pleasant smile are stimulating adults to seek more treatments today to improve their dental aesthetics than in the past.
Currently, the amount of Orthodontic Treatment Procedure provided to adults covers 30% of orthodontic practice. The desire for a better smile is being promoted not only by the patient, but the general dentists are also more informed about the possibilities of tooth movement in the adult to facilitate the establishment of function and health to the different components of the stomatognathic system.
But are we aware of everything we realize when we undergo orthodontic treatment? We will list the benefits of orthodontics, beyond the smile. Nowadays, along with teeth whitening treatments or the placement of porcelain veneers, orthodontics is the most requested aesthetic dental treatment in dental clinics.
In short, orthodontics has many benefits, much more than the mere fact of getting a beautiful and aligned smile.
Benefits of orthodontics:
1. Improves the position, function, and aesthetics of dental pieces: This is perhaps the benefit that is most clearly seen.
2. Get the bone and gums to look healthy: The correct occlusion and position of the teeth propitiate that both the bone and the gums are healthy.
3. Get the mouth to improve its condition and also oral hygiene: The correct alignment of the teeth facilitates Dental Health and proper cleaning of the entire oral cavity and, therefore, improves the overall condition.
4. Relieves possible excess pressures on the jaw joint: Correction of the bite and position and alignment of the teeth corrects malocclusions that sometimes generate pressure on the joint.
The correction of the bite and position and alignment of the teeth corrects the malocclusions that sometimes generate pressure on the joint.
5. … Read the rest