If you are not happy with your teeth or smile and are looking to transform into a white gleaming one, you need orthodontics without any use of braces. And this can be done with the use of porcelain veneers.
What is veneer?
A wafer thin shell of porcelain that has been fired is placed on the front surface of the tooth and giving a natural look, it allows the dentist to change the width, color and length of the teeth. Whether your teeth are stained or years of smoking has taken a toll on your set of 32 teeth, porcelain veneers are the best way to ensure your smile shows off a gleaming set of teeth. So why spend years of hiding yellowed or worn teeth, endure metal braces when you have a chance to look naturally beautiful?
Once the dentist decides which of the teeth need to have the porcelain veneer application, the dentist with take a soft impression of your teeth. The impression is sent to the laboratory with the details about the veneer that is needed. A 'wax model' is created about how the smile will look which is then reviewed by the dentist and the patient, modified if needed and then it goes into creation mode. The wax model is then used as the blueprint and the new 'porcelain veneers are created from it. In the meanwhile the temporary teeth are given to the patient and after the veneer are ready, the temporary teeth are removed and the new one is bonded with the original teeth.
The recovery time is equal to any other dental procedure, the gums may seem tender or there might be instances of swelling after the porcelain veneers are bonded to the teeth. The dentists usually prescribe mild anti-inflammatory medicines or … Read the rest
Practically every aspect of the human body can be enhanced with the innovations of today. As fallible human beings, we are predisposed to many imperfections. The most immediately visible is our physical appearance. This is why the fields of cosmetic surgery and dentistry have continuously formulated new technologies to improve how we look. Technologies used to improve your smile with veneers, or your nose with silicon – the list goes on.
We all yearn to posses the elixir of life. Our incessant need to look young, beautiful, and vibrant at any age is a compelling predilection. Finally, our generation has witnessed dramatic breakthroughs in science that can keep us forever young.
There is a saying that goes, "Until you are twenty you have the face you were born with, and after that, you have the face you deserve." That's a loaded saying, isn't it? If you were born with a face only your mother could love, then I suppose you're stuck with it until you're twenty and then it only gets worse with age. The flipside would be being born beautiful and staying so until you're twenty, and then you get the face you deserve which ultimately could be a lot of possible faces. It all depends on how you have lived. I cannot say that I disagree because what seen on our faces determine how we have lived. A hard life would set-off more wrinkles than a peaceful and happy one.
The beauty of modern technology is that it doesn't have to be this way anymore. You can now keep your youthful, pretty twenty year old face for much longer than before; and the less blessed, can now finally have the face they've always wanted. It's almost like magic!
Smiling is one of the best things you can do … Read the rest
Dental veneers may be for patients who need more that tooth bleaching , Dental veneers are one of many options for the patient who wants to change the appearance of their smile. Dental veneers may help with uneven, crowded or discolored teeth or all porcelain crowns used in conjunction with veneers can replace missing teeth and fill in gaps in your smile.
Why do patient choose to do dental porcelain veneers?
There are many reasons why patients choose to have porcelain veneers placed that to list all the reasons would be an unmanageable number. Truly, everyone is different but as you are aware, the smile is the gateway to the soul. If your teeth are crooked , crowded stained, or chipped you are less likely to smile and others perception of you can be affected. Some of the reasons we have seen include:
- I dislike the color of my teeth.
- My teeth are getting shorter as I age
- My teeth make me look older than I feel
- My teeth are stained from antibiotics (tetracycline) or minerals in the water.
- I have contact with the public and my teeth give a poor impression of me.
Dental veneers are thin tooth-colored strips of porcelain or similar ceramic material that are bonded onto the existing teeth. The advantages of ceramic dental veneers or tooth bonding are numerous and include:
- The color of the materials is very similar to the color of the teeth, which can create a more esthetic appearance than did traditional bonding.
- Porcelain veneers maintain their white color because they tend to resist staining.
- Technology improves almost daily and the strength of veneers is increasing making them more durable and life-like.
- Rapid smile improvement is possible only with dental veneers. One for the preparation, impressions and the temporaries and
Your pearly whites and healthy pink gums are the indicators of your overall good health. Experts say poor oral health can increase your risk of stroke, heart attack, premature birth, diabetes, arthritis and even Alzheimer's disease.
If your poor dental structure is having a detrimental effect on your physical and mental health then there are a variety of restorations available in cosmetic dentistry that are so effective and worth your attention. And, E-max dental crown is one of them.
An E-max dental crown is an innovative all-ceramic dental restoration which can help you to improve the size, shape, strength, and appearance of your teeth which have become damaged or broken. As opposed to replacing the damaged tooth, a crown completely covers your existing tooth and provides outstanding esthetics, strength while preserving its usefulness.
A newer inclusion in restorative and cosmetic dentistry, the E-max dental crown is preferred for its properties like highly attractive aesthetic appearance, longer lasting toughness and durability.
To produce E-max restorations lab technicians use lithium disilicate, a high strength ceramic material that achieves a very high translucency. The lab technicians use this high-strength material in conjunction with either the PRESS technique or the CAD / CAM applications. This glass ceramic material is delicate in appearance yet very strong and tough to withstand the biting and chewing pressure. Besides, it provides an exact color match with your own natural teeth.
E.max lithium disilicate can be used as:
Single-tooth restorations in the posterior and anterior region
Inlays / onlays
Anterior / premolar bridges
Crowns on implants
The key advantage of E-Max crowns is that they are durable due to the high strength. The e.max lithium disilicate restorations replicate natural tooth structure without looking fake. With an appealing translucent color, these caps are indistinguishable from … Read the rest
As more and more dental procedures get performed in the US with implants and cosmetic dentistry, one of the main goals is to perform them in a single setting. Typically, different types of dental restorations, including veneers, crowns, orthodontic appliances, bridges, inlays and onlays take multiple stages to complete.
CAD is short for Computer Aided Design and CAM means Computer Aided Manufacturing. Prior to the mid 1980's, neither existed for dentistry. As they began use in the field of dental medicine in that decade, the technology was brand new, requiring way too much time to actually make something useful.
Because of this, it was relegated to the dental fabrication laboratory, rather than in the actual dental practice. As software and hardware improved over the next decade, utilization in the actual practice became a reality. Thus implants can be made in the office that are aesthetic, durable, and well fitting in a matter of hours instead of days.
Prior to CAD / CAM, a lot of dental restorations required temporary implants. Crowns for instance, necessitated placement of a temporary implant for several weeks. Then it was removed after the permanent crown was fabricated in a laboratory, shipped in, and then placed. The bonding material sets within hours, so the newest methods with CAD / CAM truly takes only one setting for the procedure.
So how does the CAD / CAM process work? The restorations are fabricated from solid blocks of white porcelain or composite resin. This is called milling and matches the shade of the restored tooth. So there are quite a few shades of white from which to choose. Once an image is take of the problem tooth, the computer uses the image with its software to create a fix for the "problem" which is a virtual restoration.
The software … Read the rest
Of all cosmetic dentistry, implant dentistry are the most sought after treatment. Over the last few years, implant dentistry has become so popular that more and more people are opting to improve their appearance, confidence and smile.
This type of dentistry is mainly used in replacing a missing tooth. However, apart from replacing a missing tooth, implants also improves your smile, self confidence, looks, and the way you speak.
Before you decide to have implant dentistry done, take a look at the following 9 myths explained.
1. Any dentist can perform the procedure Implant dentistry is a very technique-sensitive and skilled procedure that requires several years of practicing to perfect. Most people think that all dentists can place implants, where in fact, only periodontists and oral surgeons are trained for this during their schooling. These are the only dental specialists you need to consider when you require implant dentistry.
2. Dental implants require heavy maintenance
They function the same way as normal teeth and therefore, require no more maintenance as the surrounding teeth. Regular brushing and flossing should do the trick.
3. The placement of implants is painful
The fact is, if done correctly, implant dentistry can be one of the least painful procedures. During the placement of dental implants, the patient remains under anesthesia, so the procedure is virtually pain free. However, during recovery, patients may experience mild soreness and discomfort near the affected area. This is temporary.
4. Implant dentistry is costly
Dental implants are not cheap. However, taking into consideration, that the implants are designed to last a lifetime, not only is it an affordable treatment option, but also a great investment.
5. Dental implants are not for old people
Implants are just as successful in older patients as in younger patients. In fact, dental implants are … Read the rest
If your goal is to have straight teeth, you are probably in the process of researching all of the options available to you. Weighing your options can be somewhat overwhelming and may be downright confusing for some people. So, as listed below, here are some very attractive features if you are wondering if or why Invisalign is right for you!
To start, you should know that the Invisalign trays are intended to straighten your teeth in an inconspicuous way-with clear aligner trays. This teeth-straightening solution is great for both adults and teenagers. Plus, when you opt for this cosmetic dentistry service, you will experience the many more benefits of Invisalign, as well. These include:
- Invisalign only involves a quick and easy process to get you started. Additionally, only periodic checkup appointments are required to make sure your treatment is going smoothly. On the other hand, with traditional braces, appointments are more frequent, and the process and duration of having braces is more intensive.
- Invisalign trays or aligners are clear in appearance. That means, when wearing your aligners on a consistent basis, practically no one else will notice that you're wearing them! That's the polar opposite of wearing traditional orthodontic braces! This is especially important for adults who wish to straighten their teeth without metal-and-wire braces. The aligners are clear and literally undetectable!
- As a very attractive bonus to our patients, Invisalign clear braces allow you to see your smile with straight teeth before you begin the treatment! To do so, you dentist will utilize computer-imaging technology to show you a digitized image of your smile with straight teeth. At this point in the treatment, seeing is believing, right?
- Invisalign will not cause negative repercussions like metal braces sometimes do. Traditional braces sometimes cause mouth blisters and pain, but Invisalign is
Types Of Cosmetic Denture
There are two main types of Cosmetic denture available:
1. Acrylic (or plastic) Cosmetic dentures
2. Cobalt Chromium (or metal based) Cosmetic dentures – advised when at least some teeth are present
Advantages Of Cobalt Chromium Cosmetic Dentures
1. Better chewing (more stable; less movement of denture)
2. Food more enjoyable (less coverage of the mouth)
3. Stronger (metal is very hard, plastic can fracture)
4. Lighter and thinner (plastic is more bulky)
5. More comfortable
6. More healthy (less gum coverage possible)
Stages In Cosmetic Denture Making
1. The first impressions. Required to make molds and a custom made special tray.
2. The second impression. A very accurate impression is taken.
3. The bite stage. The complexity of your bite is recorded, and the color and shape of the teeth chosen. (It is helpful to bring along any old photographs you may have showing your teeth at this visit).
4. The try-in stage. The Cosmetic denture teeth are set up in wax to confirm the appearance, fit and the bite. Your approval and opinion is important here.
5. The fitting stage. The Cosmetic denture is carefully adjusted to fit in place.
6. The review stage. To assess how you are getting on with the Cosmetic denture (s).
Cost Of Cosmetic Denture Treatment
Cosmetic dentists have a consistently high standard of clinical work using modern Cosmetic denture-making techniques. The variables in cost are:
1. The laboratory – An advanced laboratory will have better equipment and materials.
2. The technician – A skilled, experienced technician will produce a higher standard of work compared to an average apprentice technician. This ensures more comfortable and better fitting dentures.
3. The materials used – Cosmetic Denture making technology has really come a long way.
Cosmetic Dentists carefully select the ideal … Read the rest
Are you looking for a good dental office? How to choose a dentist overseas? How to choose a dental care center which offers good service? Searching for the right dentist? These may be some of the questions on your mind if you're looking for a well qualified dentist.
There are a few key points one should keep in mind when selecting a good dental office.
The most important is the qualification of the dentist. Ensure that the dentist is licensed in the country where he / she is practicing. Look for the credentials, dental school he graduated from and their experience in this field. It is definitely very important to find the right dentist for your dental needs whom you're comfortable with. When searching for a good dental clinic, be sure you pick a place in which you will receive the attention that your require. It needs to be open conveniently and offer extended and emergency services to its patients. Low cost, affordable dental treatment and maintenance visits to the dental office are equally important factors.
If you are looking for a best dental clinic to solve your teeth problems, look for one which can provide quality dental services with client satisfaction. A good dental clinic should be well equipped with the latest in technology like Digital X-rays, Intra-oral cameras, microscopes, patient education video and monitors, latest equipment and a good quality dental chair. It is extremely important that they maintain 'High Sterilization Standards', list their 'Clinical Protocols', use branded and tested 'Materials and Products', and have a primary and experienced Dentist with other Dental Specialists in-office. A good and qualified dentist along with his team and other specialists should be able to provide a comprehensive and complete dental care for the individual and the entire family.
Most reputable and … Read the rest
There are a range of popular cosmetic dentistry procedures available today thanks to new and emerging technology. Tooth whitening is just one of these procedures. Dentists fit your teeth with a custom-made tray to get the shape of your mouth and then give you the fitted trays to take home so you can apply the whitening gel at your leisure. This procedure takes up to two weeks or as long as it takes for you to achieve your desired whiteness.
Veneers are another popular form of cosmetic dentistry. Veneers are slim, tooth-colored shells that are developed and shaped to bond to the front of your teeth. They are often used in place of a crown if your tooth is strong and healthy. They are a great way to treat chipped or discoloured teeth and will give your smile that stunning factor. The procedure involves removing a small layer of your tooth and an impression being taken then the veneer is applied. Veneers can last many years if good oral hygiene is maintained.
Dental implants are a great way to replace missing teeth with convincing carbon copies. The procedure includes putting a titanium post in your jaw. The replacement tooth is then attached to the titanium implant. This cosmetic dentistry removes the need for removable dentures. You can get implants in a number of combinations including a single back or front tooth a group of back or front teeth. Not only will implants improve your smile they will also make chewing easier.
A new and improved way of treating tooth decay is Healozone. You won't have to suffer through drilling, pain and nasty side effects or bad reactions. It is the easiest and gentlest way to take care of your tooth decay with 99% of bacteria being destroyed in 10 to … Read the rest