Dental veneers may be for patients who need more that tooth bleaching , Dental veneers are one of many options for the patient who wants to change the appearance of their smile. Dental veneers may help with uneven, crowded or discolored teeth or all porcelain crowns used in conjunction with veneers can replace missing teeth and fill in gaps in your smile.
Why do patient choose to do dental porcelain veneers?
There are many reasons why patients choose to have porcelain veneers placed that to list all the reasons would be an unmanageable number. Truly, everyone is different but as you are aware, the smile is the gateway to the soul. If your teeth are crooked , crowded stained, or chipped you are less likely to smile and others perception of you can be affected. Some of the reasons we have seen include:
- I dislike the color of my teeth.
- My teeth are getting shorter as I age
- My teeth make me look older than I feel
- My teeth are stained from antibiotics (tetracycline) or minerals in the water.
- I have contact with the public and my teeth give a poor impression of me.
Dental veneers are thin tooth-colored strips of porcelain or similar ceramic material that are bonded onto the existing teeth. The advantages of ceramic dental veneers or tooth bonding are numerous and include:
- The color of the materials is very similar to the color of the teeth, which can create a more esthetic appearance than did traditional bonding.
- Porcelain veneers maintain their white color because they tend to resist staining.
- Technology improves almost daily and the strength of veneers is increasing making them more durable and life-like.
- Rapid smile improvement is possible only with dental veneers. One for the preparation, impressions and the temporaries and approximately 3 weeks to a month later to seat permanent porcelain dental veneers.
- Occasionally, we use several techniques to design your smile. This may include orthodontic (traditional braces or Invisalign ). Very complex esthetics may be addressed in this manner and are rarely solved by only one technique for your best results.
Dental veneers are one method used to enhance your smile.