Types Of Cosmetic Denture
There are two main types of Cosmetic denture available:
1. Acrylic (or plastic) Cosmetic dentures
2. Cobalt Chromium (or metal based) Cosmetic dentures – advised when at least some teeth are present
Advantages Of Cobalt Chromium Cosmetic Dentures
1. Better chewing (more stable; less movement of denture)
2. Food more enjoyable (less coverage of the mouth)
3. Stronger (metal is very hard, plastic can fracture)
4. Lighter and thinner (plastic is more bulky)
5. More comfortable
6. More healthy (less gum coverage possible)
Stages In Cosmetic Denture Making
1. The first impressions. Required to make molds and a custom made special tray.
2. The second impression. A very accurate impression is taken.
3. The bite stage. The complexity of your bite is recorded, and the color and shape of the teeth chosen. (It is helpful to bring along any old photographs you may have showing your teeth at this visit).
4. The try-in stage. The Cosmetic denture teeth are set up in wax to confirm the appearance, fit and the bite. Your approval and opinion is important here.
5. The fitting stage. The Cosmetic denture is carefully adjusted to fit in place.
6. The review stage. To assess how you are getting on with the Cosmetic denture (s).
Cost Of Cosmetic Denture Treatment
Cosmetic dentists have a consistently high standard of clinical work using modern Cosmetic denture-making techniques. The variables in cost are:
1. The laboratory – An advanced laboratory will have better equipment and materials.
2. The technician – A skilled, experienced technician will produce a higher standard of work compared to an average apprentice technician. This ensures more comfortable and better fitting dentures.
3. The materials used – Cosmetic Denture making technology has really come a long way.
Cosmetic Dentists carefully select the ideal set of teeth for your needs based on the shape of your face, your smile and shade requirements. The quality and strength of plastics, the use of cobalt chromium, the use of gold or tooth colored clips and many other variables affect the total cost of denture treatment. The Cosmetic Dentist will carefully discuss with you and guide you which Cosmetic denture will best suit your needs and budget.