Porcelain veneers also referred to as dental veneers are porcelain laminates designed to be as thin as contact lenses. They are chemically bonded to the teeth to help improve their shape by aligning and straightening them. They also enhance the color of teeth. Veneers are usually designed to cover the front surface of the teeth thus improving on their appearance in general. The shells change the shape, color, length and size of the teeth. They are made from porcelain because it is resistant to stains as compared to resin. The material also mimics light reflection properties just like natural teeth. Here, it makes a better choice.
Dental Problems That Porcelain Veneers Can Fix
There are different circumstances under which your doctor may recommend fitting porcelain veneers. They can help fix discolored teeth resulting from tetracycline stains and other drugs, root canal treatment and excessive exposure to fluoride and other causes. The veneers also fix worn out teeth, broken and chipped teeth, misaligned, uneven and irregularly shaped teeth. Gaps between teeth can also be fixed using the veneers.
If you are suffering from one of the situations mentioned above and you are feeling happy or frustrated, then it may be the right time to consider going for porcelain veneers to get your sexy smile instantly.
The Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
· They easily and quickly straighten teeth.
· They offer you an instant white smile considering that they reflect light just like natural teeth. You will enjoy permanent white teeth with the veneers.
· They create a sex appeal that is also youthful with the sexy smile that they offer. You will be surprised at just how confident you feel with the veneers fixing the problem for you.
· With the veneers you do not have to wait two or more years with braces to enjoy well aligned teeth.
· Even though naturally it is not possible for adult teeth to grow back, with porcelain veneers you can now have the missing teeth replaced in a simple and effective manner
Your dentist will begin by diagnosing the dental issue and planning for the right treatment. During your appointment, you will be taken through the porcelain veneer process and the expected result with your issue. X-rays are taken so that mouth and teeth impressions are right for the preparations. You may have to go through enamel trimming to prepare the teeth for porcelain veneer placement. The molding will depend on the issue that is being handled. The porcelain models will then be bonded to the teeth in the right way to fix the issue that you have. It is like permanent cementing of the veneer to the tooth. Any necessary final adjustments will be done and the veneer tested to see that it is strong and firm enough. The healing process is quite fast and you can start showing off your new beautiful smile in a few days.