Dental implant surgery is an outpatient procedure that is performed in multiple stages. This is a much more advanced alternative to partial or full dentures. These implants are different from traditional dentures in that they are fixed to the jaw bone. Unlike traditional removable dentures, they are permanently fixed and cannot be removed. No regular adjustment or realignment is required.
The Preferred Dental Procedure
Today, tooth implant surgery is very common and many dentists and prosthodontists are qualified to perform it. Irrevocably damaged or decayed teeth can be replaced with permanent alternatives and they look very much like natural teeth. Here is the procedure that is followed in tooth implants:
• The damaged tooth or teeth are first extracted
• The jawbone is then prepared for surgery. Depending on the condition of the underlying bond, bone-grafting may be necessitated. In this case, the procedure will take longer than usual.
• A titanium screw or post in placed in the hole that has been drilled into the jaw bone. This is then allowed to heal completely for a couple of months.
• The dentist will check if the wound had healed and will then affix the crown on the screw.
This entire procedure takes around two to three months. The healing itself takes a couple of months and the bone and tissue has to re-grow around this newly added structure. The condition of the jaw bone has to be good for the implant to be possible and successful. A weak bone base will not be able to withstand the pressure that the chewing motion of the mouth exerts.
The Latest in Dental Medicine
The one reason why many people hesitate to opt for this procedure is the time that is required for the implant to be accepted and the wound to … Read the rest
Looking to find the best dental implant prices? It is possible, and you can save thousands with the right information! Let us look at how you can save lots of money with dental implant treatment! The first thing to remember is that you do have a lot of good options, when it comes to finding a dental implant specialist. With so many different Answers out there, you can be sure that with some research, you can go through and find the best dentistry implant prices.
So, how do you begin?
There are a few options to doing research to find the best dental implant prices. The first place that you can look is through a listing of local businesses. Most areas have directories that list the local businesses, and going through these can be a great method to finding local options.
If you want to find the best prices, then you are going to need to take the research online, where you can find many more options. Doing research is also much faster than if you went through a offline method, and needed to phone places. The result is that you can research more places, and the more places you research, the more likelihood that you can find better prices.
Then you can go through and see the differences, and the prices. And also consider location and any traveling and accommodation costs. Then the result is that you can actually get the best prices with some research. So, invest the time into finding the best dental implant prices, and you can save a lot of money!
A tooth implant is one of the most advisable cosmetic dental solutions you can opt for if you have a missing tooth. This is especially true if your missing tooth is found in the front or on a visible part of your mouth. You will definitely be embarrassed about your smile if you there is a hole in your mouth due to this missing tooth.
A dental implant offers several benefits as a tooth replacement option. The implant is permanent and will feel and function like a real tooth. An implant is quite durable as well and can last for years, with sufficient care and maintenance.
A dental implant application is usually one of the most time-consuming dental procedures since it involves surgery. Because of this, patients need to follow some important instructions and tips after a dental implant procedure to make sure that no complications arise.
Below are some of these important post-care tips you have to follow after undergoing a tooth implant procedure:
• Swelling and / or bruising are usually normal after the procedure. This usually peaks 2 to 3 days after the procedure. You can reduce the swelling with ice packs wrapped in a towel. Apply the ice pack on the swollen cheek area for a maximum of 10 minutes at a time, with 20 minutes break. After 24 hours, you can consider applying gentle heat on the swollen area. You can expect the swelling and bruising to subside or disappear after a few days.
• Do not eat until the local anesthetic has worn off and make sure you only drink cold beverages after the procedure. Avoid hot drinks or hot food for the first day since this can cause the affected area to bleed. Also, take care to avoid disturbing the area with your … Read the rest
People facing dental injuries or problems have various options of dental procedures that fit them. Dental procedures are for those who have lost one or more teeth in an accident, or who have poor dental health. The whole procedure of dental implantation has opened new choices for people wanting to maintain or preserve their dental health. It is always an advantage to know at least the basics of any procedure you want to have or are about to have. If you are curious as to how a dental implant procedure actually works, read on.
A trip to the dentist provides you with a clearer picture of what predicament you are facing, and what needs to be done about it. Your dental history and overall general dental health will be investigated by the dentist. The procedure works when the dentist takes into account the condition of your jaws and jaw bone, the location of the affected teeth, and what overall precautions and steps need to be taken for the whole procedure to be effective.
If the jaw bone is healthy, the implant procedure begins. If it is otherwise, a grafting of the jaw bone needs to be done. Dental implants are either titanium or zirconium based. When the jaw bone is ready, suitably sized incision will be made into the gums. Under general anesthesia, the dental implant will be embedded into the jaw bone.
This is the first step of the two. Healing time takes place in about a few months for the jawbone and gum to heal. Upon the next scheduled visit to the cosmetic dentist, the next step of the dental implant procedure is undertaken. A post to hold the tooth resembling crown will be inserted in another incision in the gum. Resting time for healing might take another … Read the rest
Implant dentistry is a highly skilled field that needs specialized training. You should look for a dentist who is competent, reliable and experienced in his field.
The dentist you choose should be qualified with the required degrees in dentistry and implants dentistry or be trained in that field. They should also have acquired training in the field of implants. An experienced person should have done a reasonable number of tooth implants with fair amount of success.
Any dentist can do teeth implants. But, you need to look for an experienced and trained person for two very important reasons
1. To avoid any complications in the first place
2. If complications arise then he / she will know to handle it right and fix it too.
An inexperienced, unqualified, incompetent dentist can completely mess up your mouth and cause problems that probably can't be fixed. Some people have lost all their teeth, ended up with broken jaws, lost their sense of taste and much more due to bad implant jobs. You don't want to end up like that.
So, research and find an Implants expert in your area who meets all the criteria. Your local yellow pages directory is good starting point. Phone implant center offices and get the names of some references. Talk to the other patients and find out if they good experience in the dentist's office. You can also talk to your friends and colleagues and get references to good implant experts that they know of.
Remember there is a good reason for the higher success rate of "experienced" implant dentist than a rookie implant dentist.
Many of us think that since dental implants provide a close to perfect solution to our problems regarding missing tooth or teeth, they probably cost a lot. However, this is not always the case because if you search hard enough and you are well-informed, you can find a clinic that provides the lowest cost of dental implant.
Many people are seeking for this solution. The benefits that it offers are certainly something that we have been missing even with the use of dentures in the past. With this, we can say that dental implants are a must if we want to get back our lost tooth or teeth. Along with this, getting implants can have a great positive effect on our overall oral health.
Are They Worth It?
Dental Implants are usually titanium replacements that are surgically placed into the jawbone and allowed to infuse with it for a stable result. They have replaced the impractical and unsafe use of dentures in having a complete set of teeth once again. Although dentures were able to provide an appearance of having a complete set of teeth, using them poses problems especially to the adjunct teeth. Moreover, dentures are difficult to work with especially with the need to use glues to keep them stable.
The cost of dental implant may vary and it can also change depending on how many teeth you need to be replaced. But compared to dentures, you do not need to buy adhesives every now and then. You also do not need them to be adjusted, which is a bit cost if you choose to wear dentures.
With this, it is quite obvious that implants are worth it.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implant
Here are a few factors that can affect that cost of dental implant.
1. … Read the rest
Dental implant surgery is a procedure that replace tooth roots with metal, screw-like posts and replaced damaged or missing teeth with artificial teeth. Earlier, such replacements were done with bridges and dentures but today with implants one can avoid that inconvenient treatment.
Why Implants: Advantages
The metal or titanium in the implants fuses with your jawbone due to which the implants will not slip, make noise or cause bone damage. There are multiple advantages of having a Dental Implant Surgery.
Here, dental implants may be right for you if you:
Have one or more missing teeth
Want to improve your speech and comfort level
Have healthy oral tissues
Do not have health conditions that will affect bone healing
Have a jawbone that's reached full growth
Are unable or unwilling to wear dentures
Want to improve appearance & self-esteem
Implant Surgery Procedure: a brief explanation
Most dental implant surgeries take place in the dentist's office or in a hospital setting. Local anesthesia is usually sufficient for these procedures but various other forms of patient sedation (like nitrous oxide or intravenous sedation) may also be used.
This is an out-patient surgery because it takes place in stages.
Step 1 → Development of an individualized treatment plan done by a team of trained professionals in oral surgery.
Step 2 → A small titanium post is placed in to the bone socket. As the jawbone slowly heals, it grows around the implanted metal post. The healing time can take from 6 to 12 weeks
Step 3 → Once the implant has bonded to the jawbone, a small connector post called abutment is attached to the post confidentially.
Step 4 → A teeth model is created as your dentist creates impressions of your bite (which captures all of your teeth, type and arrangement).
Step … Read the rest
Dental implants are essentially prosthetic teeth that are an alternative to either full or partial dentures. Dentists recommend these implants as they look natural and are very long-repeating in comparison to conventional removable drugs. Any person who has got dental implants fitted can enjoy the full function of their teeth in a very short span of time and they are also able to eat & drink normally.
A Specialized Procedure
Multiple visits will be required to get the implant procedure completed satisfactorily and prosthodontists will carry out this work. The dentist drills miniature holes in the jaw in the place that the tooth / teeth have to be implanted. Post this, titanium screws are inserted into these miniature holes.
It takes several weeks for new bone to accept this titanium screw and it will then grow around it and hold it in place. Titanium is generally well-accepted by the human body and as a rule very few people will have any kind of reaction to it. The dental implant is then fitted on top of these screws. These implants are almost permanent and with good care, can last for at least 20 years. Here are some benefits of tooth implants:
• They are an almost permanent solution for individuals who have lost either some or all of their natural teeth
• No replacement or alignment is required
• They are fixed to the bone with the use of a screw and can be cleaned by regular brushing & flossing. Those who have implants also have to make sure that their gums are clean
• The person is not restricted from eating of drinking anything
• They look like natural teeth
• They are very easy to maintain as they do not develop any cavities
Is this a Specialist's Job?… Read the rest
Of all cosmetic dentistry, implant dentistry are the most sought after treatment. Over the last few years, implant dentistry has become so popular that more and more people are opting to improve their appearance, confidence and smile.
This type of dentistry is mainly used in replacing a missing tooth. However, apart from replacing a missing tooth, implants also improves your smile, self confidence, looks, and the way you speak.
Before you decide to have implant dentistry done, take a look at the following 9 myths explained.
1. Any dentist can perform the procedure Implant dentistry is a very technique-sensitive and skilled procedure that requires several years of practicing to perfect. Most people think that all dentists can place implants, where in fact, only periodontists and oral surgeons are trained for this during their schooling. These are the only dental specialists you need to consider when you require implant dentistry.
2. Dental implants require heavy maintenance
They function the same way as normal teeth and therefore, require no more maintenance as the surrounding teeth. Regular brushing and flossing should do the trick.
3. The placement of implants is painful
The fact is, if done correctly, implant dentistry can be one of the least painful procedures. During the placement of dental implants, the patient remains under anesthesia, so the procedure is essentially pain free. However, during recovery, patients may experience mild soreness and discomfort near the affected area. This is temporary.
4. Implant dentistry is costly
Dental implants are not cheap. However, taking into consideration, that the implants are designed to last a lifetime, not only is it an affordable treatment option, but also a great investment.
5. Dental implants are not for old people
Implants are just as successful in older patients as in youngger patients. In fact, dental implants are … Read the rest
One common accident that occurs to a boxer is losing a tooth after a fight. Hard-knocking punches may have the power to break a boxer’s teeth. In case this happens, there is a dental remedy-using dental implants. Here are ways to be on your feet and teeth again.
(1) Refrain from heavy training for a while. A boxer who loses not only the fight but also his teeth gets up with new strength: the capability to take much stronger punches. But this does not happen immediately; it takes a lot of proper rest and good mindset. The lost tooth or teeth can never be reinstalled. Preparing for a dental implant, a boxer needs to be in good health; he must stop from heavy training before (or after) the operation.
(2) Go to a dentist. Dental implants are more durable than replacement teeth. Its root is made from titanium, a very strong metal; the artificial tooth is the same with the ones used in removable dentures (or maybe not). The operation involves money and time. After some preliminary examinations, a dentist drills hole in the jawbone. The screw then is inserted to act as implant root. After weeks (or maybe months, according to certain conditions), the artificial tooth/teeth and other things may be placed.
(3) Time to heal. Placement of implant may take weeks and even months to totally heal and be able to withstand power punch. A boxer must eat healthy foods rich in calcium; abstain from training: it may cause defects in the implant and even to his general health.
(4) Ready to box again. When teeth are ready, he must make sure the past accident never happens again. He must also have a regular check up with his dentist for more development. Also he must choose a durable … Read the rest